WYSM For First Responders
WYSM provides engaging courses which provide peace officers, at both the basic and advanced levels, with effective, real-life tools and strategic communication techniques to enhance safety and improve interactions between the police and the public.
Created by National Subject Matter Expert on Community Policing and retired Long Beach Police Department Sergeant Jason Lehman and facilitated by a team of law enforcement and community leaders, these courses incorporate thought-stimulating discussions, personal perspectives, and scenario-based exercises that challenge the status quo and engage participants for learning and leadership development in the 21st Century.
Please get in touch with us for more details and to discuss how we can customize one course or a combination of courses below to assist the best peace officers in improving their skill sets while committing to enhancing safety throughout the process.
Law Enforcement Classes
- CP21: Community Policing in the 21st Century FREE POST-certified Procedural Justice-based Strategic Communication, De-escalation, and Community Trust-Building Training
- The Foundation of Fairness: 4 Pillars to build a stable “Table” and prove effective decision-making
- De-escalation: A discussion on physical and emotional safety post-George Floyd era
- Be the Change. Take the reins: Improving the future of policing
- 12 Tools: Adding tangible engagement concepts to your “tool belt”
- The Difficult Ones: Deeper community engagement to improve police legitimacy
- E+R=O: Positively responding to today’s turbulent times
- Battling Bias through Relationship-Building: Maintaining your voice in your relationships
- The Confident Close: Improving physical and mental toughness
- The Angel and the Devil: Law enforcement social media in the 21st Century
- STOP “Stop Resisting”: A discussion on Strategic Communication
- Making Corrections: Discussing the “institutionalized” behaviors that jeopardize our safety inside of jails and prisons
- But Really, Why’d You Stop Me?: The intentional art of Trust-Building
- E.T.H.I.C.A.L: Explaining The Hard Intentional Choices and Actively Listening
Leadership in Law Enforcement Classes
- 21st Century Leadership: Discussing the value of “Exact Trait” leadership for supervisors of the rank and file
- Community Policing in the 21st Century: What part of the “community” are we truly engaging?
- The Buy-In: Positively influencing behaviors
- We don’t like change and we don’t like the way it is: Positive mindset for personal growth
- From briefing to End of Watch: The importance of on-scene leadership
- Answering the “Why”: A generational 21st Century leadership requirement
- The Founder & The Future: “Real” Risk Management in the 21st Century (with Gordon Graham)
- Identifying “Perspective”: Diving deeper into “Perception” to locate it’s roots
- The Criticality of the Critical Incident: PTSD and PTSI recovery
Fire Service Classes
- 21st Century Leadership: Improving trust in the firehouse
- 21st Century Supervisory Leadership: Maintaining a fair and impartial family inside the fire house
- O.S.T.B: On-scene trust-building
Schedule A Class Today!
If you have questions about any of our classes, or want to schedule us to come to your agency, please reach out to us through our contact form. A member of our team will be in touch as soon as possible!